Sunday, August 14, 2016

Husbands are like Pancakes

Husbands are like What?


     For the readers that don't know me very well, I have worked at a hospital for a little over 10 years now.  My inner being has been permanently impressed upon by many people I have met through those years.  
     Most of those have been elderly or middle aged, and the wealth of history and wisdom I have had before my eyes always amazes me.  Along with the history and wisdom, some of those unforgettable people have left me with their own advice that has been learned through their years.  


  An elderly female patient told me one time,"husbands are like pancakes."      Immediately my brain began to search for ways that husbands are similar to pancakes.  Ummm?  Hmmm.  That is the great part of working with elderly patients.  They make your brain think in ways it wouldn't normally think.  

   Then she explained.  This sweet lady had been married once before.  She was extremely happy with her second marriage, which was the complete opposite of the first one.

    "Husbands are like pancakes," she said.  "You never keep the first one.  They are usually flat or uneven."   And I immediately understood & laughed and laughed.  Truth isn't always painful.  Sometimes it's just hilarious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment